- January 29, 2021
- Posted by: Stephen Webb
- Category: Building Cathedrals
“Your responsibility is determined by your response ability.”
Joseph had a brilliant response ability when placed in negative circumstances. That response ability ultimately provided him responsibility that far out-weighed his circumstances.
– Do you complain about circumstances?
– Do you excuse excellence because of limitations?
– Is your first response one of obligation or willing obedience? Be honest.
Remember this: Joseph didn’t have to be in control to be in charge.
He didn’t ask to be in the prison but he was placed in charge of the prison.
He didn’t ask to be sold into slavery but was placed in charge of the household.
He didn’t ask to be Egyptian but was placed in charge of the nations welfare.
Master your response ability if you want more responsibility.
* Pastor Steven Furtick provided this insight and taught a brilliant series to our staff a few years ago. It’s stuck with me and helped me so much!